6201 Constitution Drive
Fort Wayne IN  46804
Phone - 260-432-0696
Fax - 260-436-5795 
HomeEmployee AssistanceAbout UsOur StaffWork/Life ServicesFAQ From Employees
DOT EvaluationsContact Us

Frequently Asked Questions From Employees
Q: What is an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?

A: An EAP is a mental health benefit sponsored by your employer.  It provides counseling sessions to assist employees when personal problems arise.  Issues such as marital and family problems, depression and anxiety, substance abuse, divorce adjustment, grief and loss and many others can be addressed through the program.  
Q: Is the counseling really confidential?

A: Our office and counselors uphold strict confidentiality standards.  No one will know you have accessed counseling unless you specifically grant written permission or express a concern that presents your counselor with a legal obligation to release information.  Legal obligations occur where there is imminent danger to life or child/elder abuse.

Q: If I come in through my employee assistance program will I see a therapist on a continuing basis?

A: Empoloyee assistance programs are primarily assessment and referral services.  The number of sessions, in large part, depends on the EAP model your employer uses.  When more extensive counseling is needed, the EAP therapist will refer you to the most appropriate provider. 

Q: What will the sessions cost me?

A: If you are using your employee assistance program, there is no charge for the EAP  session(s).  If longer-term treatment is needed after your EAP sessions have expired or been used completely,  many times health insurance will minimize out-of-pocket expenses.  If you are wanting to utilize insurance for sessions, rates can be explained in office or over the phone. 

Q: How do I make an appointment?

A: Simply call our office at either of the numbers below to schedule a time to meet.